Friday, September 9, 2011

New Publication!



Two of my poems are published in the new issue of Radioactive Moat, and they can be read here.

The poems in this issue are a part of my manuscript, "Let the Balloons Go on the Highway." I am currently seeking a home for the manuscript, and hoping it finds its place in the small press world.

The poems in this issue: "Gemini" and "Machinery at Play" are poems that reflect upon my childhood. The mini-me lives inside each of them. Writing poetry like this makes me feel as if I can re-kindle with the girl I once was-- I'd like to meet that girl. I think we could all benefit from meeting our childhood self, not to give advice or warn against heartache, but simply to give a hug-- to show love to the youth that brought us to where we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment