Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Return to (a post on self-help for myself...a vent really)
I love it. I love poetry. So why haven't I been letting it permeate my life? Why haven't I been dedicating myself to it? I want to give myself reasons, thus making my problem "public" "bloglic.. public..." (I have a cold and my thoughts are blending together.)
1. I feel broken record-ish.
2. I just want to watch T.V.
3. Grading. I ought to be grading.
4. Does my work feel boring somehow? Or am I just missing a semblance of a writing community?
5. I need a good, independent coffee shop to go to.
6. Job hunting for full time work or supplemental part time work. It takes time.
I need to change something. Maybe write long hand instead of on the computer. Maybe re-focus myself.
I need to, we all need to:
1. Trust my body of revised work and send it out for publications.
3. Seek advise from writing friends.
4. Re-visit my manuscript and re-shop the market.
5. Let go of timelines. Then create timelines.
6. Become capable of turning negative feelings into positive feelings.
(Lists should always come in 6's.)