Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the Book Purchase List




I'm very excited about Sara Ries' new book, "Come In, We're Open," and here are the reasons why:

1.) Sara's poetry = very human. Her poems are like those security mirrors in pharmacies, constantly scanning people passing by or checking themselves out to see if everything is alright. And I like that.
2.) I haven't read the book in its entirety, but I read the manuscript as she worked on it at Chatham University. I like to know a little bit of what's behind the cover in also knowing I will be surprised by revisions and what I haven't read.
3.) I'm a huge fan of Sara's work. I can proudly say I was a part in publishing her in shady side review's issue 2, which can be read here: http://shadysidereview.com/i-want-my-city-to-find-me/

I really really can't wait to order my own copy, and when I do I will go here to do it: www.sararies.com
And you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment